Smart-up BSR and OASC are co-organising the workshop “Investing in the economical and digital transition of cities and communities” at the European Week of Regions and Cities 2019. Registration is now open on the #EURegionsWeek website
When: 10 October 2018, 16:30 – 18:00
Where: Square Brussels Meeting Center, Room 311
Registration: EU Regions Week 2018 website
Economic and digital transition of cities and communities is a top priority of the European Union. This focus is underpinned by policy and innovation initiatives such as the Urban Agenda for the EU and EIP-SCC, and supported by bottom-up efforts represented by the communities in the CoR, EUROCITIES and OASC.
What role does local political leadership play in achieving these targets? How do the cities and communities effectively support economic and digital transition?
This high-level workshop focuses on these and other urgent questions in the digital transition of cities and communities, shares best practices and looks at EU policies catalysing and enabling implementation in regions and cities.
16:30 – 16:40 – Welcome by Martin Brynskov, Chair, Open & Agile Smart Cities, and Taina Tukiainen, Aalto University
16:40 – 17:10 – High-level political panel: Driving the change
- Markku Markkula, First Vice-President of the European Committee of the Regions
- Mieczyslav Struk, President, Pomerenia Region
- Anne Quart, State Secretary, Brandenburg
- Anna Lisa Boni, Secretary General, EUROCITIES
17:15 – 17:45 – City panel: Making the digital transition a reality
- Frédérique Macarez, Mayor, City of Saint-Quentin
- Damian Wagner, (future) Chairman of the Board of Directors of EIP-SCC Lighthouse programme, IAO Fraunhofer
- Tamas Erkelens, Programme Manager Data Innovation, City of Amsterdam
- Bernard Gindroz, Chairman of ISO TC 268 and CEN/CENELEC/ETSI Sector Forum on Smart and Sustainable Cities and Communities
- European Network of Living Labs (tba)
17:45 – 18:00 – General debate and concluding messages